All cells arise from pre-existing cells.
- The Biology Project
- This site is a good resource in all areas of biology. It has a tutorial on mitosis .
- Dr. John Sedat's group in the University of California at San Franscisco studies chromosomes, their organization, structure and role within the cell. They have a 3D movie of mitosis.
- Moore, John A., 1985, Science as a Way of Knowing, American Society of Zoologists, Thousand Oaks.
- Portugal, Franklin H., and Cohen, Jack S., 1977, A Century of DNA: A History of the Structure and Function of the Genetic Substance, The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Stubbe, Hans, 1972 (English Translation), History of Genetics, The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Sturtevant, A. H., 1965, A History of Genetics, Harper & Row, Publishers, New York.