Concept 37 Master genes control basic body plans.
Eric Wieschaus is a Professor at Princeton University. He shared in the 1995 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his work on Drosophila development.
- Wieschaus' first 'personal' encounter with a fruit fly.
- Wieschaus' first meeting with Christiane Nüsslein-Volhard and their early working relationship.
- Generating the mutant fruit flies used in their experiments.
- The results of the large-scale mutagenesis -- how many mutants and how many flies
- The 'magic' number -- how many genes does a fly need for early embryonic development?
- Wieschaus' comments on his friend and collaborator Christiane Nüsslein-Volhard.